Hepatitis C Treatment
Renascent Rx prescribes medication covered under insurance to treat Hepatitis C for the patient who is treatment naïve. Active substance use, substance use disorders, or injection-drug use are not contraindications to HCV treatment. Treatment of HCV in persons with active injection drug use likely has significant public health benefits in reducing secondary HCV transmission. A Hepatitis C infection can cause liver inflammation and the immune system to attack healthy liver cells. Hepatitis C is a bloodborne pathogen that is transmitted from one person to another via blood or blood contaminated fluids.
Treatment Cost (Provider visits): $400
- Includes initial appointment and three follow-up appointments.
- An initial appointment is where healthy history is taken, labs and/or imaging are ordered and a prescription is sent to patients pharmacy of choice, and a prescription is sent to the pharmacy for approval.
- The first follow-up appointment is to assess for safety, adherence, and efficacy of the medication, ordering labs to check viral load, complete blood count, liver and kidney function four weeks after the start of treatment.
- The second follow-up appointment is at the end of treatment to assess treatment success.
- The third follow-up appointment is twelve weeks after completion of therapy for a final viral load check to verify that treatment was successful
- Insurance can be billed for medication, labs, and/or imaging.